August's Theme: God Made Me & I'm Special
Continue learning prayers at each child's level.
*Change up the medium -- crayons, colored pencils, markers, water colors, etc.!*
Read Catholic Treasure Box #3 and #4 -- use as inspiration depending on child's interest.
Read Bible Stories (from the Catholic Book of Bible Stories):
- God Remembers Joseph
- God Watches Over Baby Moses
- God Saves the Israelites
- Crossing the Sea
Bonus Activity Ideas
*My goal is to do one activity a week. Some tie in the overall monthly theme while others tie into the Bible stories.*
- Make a family tree.
- Draw your family.
- Play God Knows Me game: ask child, "Where is God?" Child answers, "Here beside me!" Ask, "Where is that?" and child answers, "Beside me in my [bedroom]." The child then chooses a new spot and the questions are repeated.
- All About Me Rainbow printable.
- Video interview.
- Take a 5 senses nature walk.
- Play with Our Catholic Family paper dolls.
Here is a simple lesson plan if you need one (repeat each week for a month):
Monday: Prayer work. Introduce topic and do a coloring page.
Tuesday: Prayer work. Read from Catholic Treasure Box.
Wednesday: Prayer work and Bible story.
Thursday: Prayer work and activity.
This is my simplified version that works with our homeschooling schedule. You could do so much more if you only have little ones or are planning a class. Everything could fit into a single, weekly class as well. Let the plans inspire you, not weigh you down.