Our format week-to-week is pretty consistent:
- sing ABC song have a grab bag with letter of the week items (H: hat, hood, heart, hair, head, hands, house, hammer, hippo, horse, hog)
- read "My 'h' Sound Box" book by Jane Belk Moncure
- practice letter writing and color a picture using the pages I created (H is for Holidays: Pre-K version or Kindergarten version)
- eat a snack (hummus and carrots) and read a book about a U.S. holiday
- craft time:
- craft: holiday collage. I printed off various U.S. holiday images for the kids to glue on their paper and then they filled in the collage with bits of holiday extras (ribbons, stickers, cards, etc.).
- letter collage using collage sheets I made (H is for Hearts - using heart stickers).
- Played Holiday Bingo.
The collage sheet - Critter loves blue, but there are a few hearts in there.
The holiday collage sheet.
Holiday Bingo game.