"Once you learn to read, you will be forever free." ~~ Frederick Douglass
School Plans/Reviews that include third grade: 2015-16
- Faith and Life 3 along with paper activity book.
- Increase personal prayer.
- Once a month Confession.
- Horizons 3 (I started this for the first time with my second son in this grade. I wish I had used it sooner! He loves math. Horizons Math is a spiral format, and it has a colorful workbook, both of which work well for most of my children.)
- Supplement: Funny Fairy Tale Math (my math-loving son likes this).
- Supplement: Building Real Life Math Skills.
- For Comprehension: Reading for Comprehension B (can also count toward social studies and science).
- Audio Books.
- Read aloud using Seton's Faith and Freedom Readers (I love these books, and so do my children.)
- Independent Reading -- child's choice, my choice, and historical books to add to the history curriculum.
- Cursive handwriting practice.
- Spelling (Catholic Heritage Curricula) - at level.
- Grammar (Catholic Heritage Curricula) - at level.
- Grammar Supplements: Funny Fairy Tale Grammar.
- Writing with Ease - at level.
- Journal prompts.
- Latin - at level - using Memoria Press.
Real Science 4 Kids: Chemistry (1 quarter), Physics (1 quarter), and Biology (2 quarters). See science page for more detail.
U.S. History and Modern History -- using From Sea to Shining Sea as a spine (see history page for more detail).
Naturally, plenty of other learning goes on - dance class, karate, homeschool group activities, faith extras, cooking, drawing and painting, etc. Specific blog posts below: