Monday, January 11, 2010

July

Dedication of the Month of July: The Most Precious Blood of Jesus


“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, those in my own home and within my family.”
  • Pray the above prayer revealed to St. Gertrude and promised to release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said.
Blessed Junipero Serra (July 1st)


God most High, your servant Junipero Serra brought the gospel of Christ to the peoples of Mexico and California and firmly established the Church among them. By his intercession, and through the example of his apostolic zeal, inspire us to be faithful witnesses of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Saint Benedict (July 11th)


O gracious and holy Father,
give us wisdom to perceive You,
intelligence to understand You,
diligence to seek You,
eyes to see You,
a heart to meditate on You,
and a life to proclaim You,
through the power of the spirit
of Jesus Christ our Lord.

~~St. Benedict of Nursia
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha (July 14th)


O blessed Kateri, help us to trust as you trusted. Help us to see light even in our present difficulties. Help us to know that God has not abandoned or moved from us. Help us to know, help us to believe God is with us. Amen.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel (July 16th)


O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein that you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this my necessity. There are none that can withstand your power. O show me herein that you are my Mother.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us!
Saint Brigid of Sweden (July 23rd)


With hearts full of con­fidence, we turn to you, O Blessed Bridget, in these times of darkness and unbelief, to invoke your powerful intercession on behalf of those who are separated from the true Church of Jesus Christ. Conscious of your deep knowledge of the cruel sufferings of our crucified Saviour, we beseech you to obtain the gift of Faith for all those who are outside the one fold, so that all the scattered sheep may be return to the one true Shepherd, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
Saints Anne and Joachim (July 26th)


Parents of Mary, pray for all parents that they may provide the 
loving home and faithful teaching that you provided your daughter. Amen.
For more summer liturgical year ideas, see my Liturgical Year - Summer Pinterest board.

No comments: