With it being the 100th anniversary of Fatima, I wanted to do something special. Then, a friend posted an image and a link on her facebook page. My soul instantly said yes. My mind and body were hesitant. I mean, look at what I have to do:
Still, I went to bed thinking about it and woke with it in my head. I knew I wanted to do something, but could I do this?
Many other ladies felt the same so I created a facebook group for these 90 days, with each woman adapting the above to better fit her vocation as wife and mother, whatever stage that is at the moment, with the idea that this is a spiritual renewal and preparation and we are to support one another.
With that in mind and the above outline, my goals are as follows:
- Monthly Confession
- Accountability Partner & Group (my facebook group)
- Food... I've been weaning myself to go fully back on the AIP diet as my hashimoto's keeps swinging wildly so my goal is not to fast but simply to eat only AIP foods for 90 days (which of course limits sweets, no alcohol, no coffee, etc.). 90 days is enough to know if it's something to pursue. I can do this. I really can. I haven't figured out about the no meat part. Maybe I'll leave that for Lent (in nearly two weeks!).
- Music - I have a playlist ready to go. I hope to find new favorites. This is easy. Unless I'm in the car with my husband.
- TV - not on my own but I will watch a show my family watches every week and if my husband wants to spend time that way, I will not say no to him.
- The Computer - oh, this will be hard. I guess I'll be reading more. There's plenty I want to do and need to do, but when my body doesn't cooperate... Well, let's just say I spend plenty of time on the computer or my phone. For this, I will give myself ten minutes in the morning for my facebook group and then a max of an hour at lunch while the kids eat and break from school.
- Sleep... has been so difficult lately. I'm either not sleeping or sleeping too much. I sleep through alarms. This is so hard. So hard. But many days I am most alert in the evenings so I do a lot of work then (especially on the computer) so hopefully by reducing screen time that helps. I also have a plan to begin to relax around ten to hopefully sleep by 10:30. I know how well my day goes if I'm up before the kids, which is hardly ever lately.
- Exercise - I am going to try getting on the treadmill every day while I do my morning prayers. I can't promise this as some days I have a lot of pain and others my heart rate is too fast, even at rest (the thyroid again). It's a vicious cycle.
- Prayer/Reflection - 54 day rosary novena, 33 days for the consecration, morning/lunch/evening prayers with extended evening time for the adoration part.
When I write it out, it really doesn't seem too bad. Easy? No, but not impossible. I am most worried (not even the right word) about sticking to the AIP diet. I'll definitely be prepping and freezing as I go so if a string of bad days hit, I am prepared.
For full details on the original Nineveh90, go here. Join us on facebook if you'd like or in spirit.
Tell me, are you planning to do anything special for the 100th anniversary of Fatima?