Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Mom's Nineveh 90: Week 2 Reflection

Today ends the second week of A Mom's Nineveh 90. This past week really went downhill in pattern I am coming to know only too well.

Goals vs. Reality

  • Monthly Confession - I still need to get my February confession in. It never fails. I plan confession and something always happens to stop me from going. Always. Monday morning found one of my children sick and it just snowballed from there. Now I am sick. I want to get here before Lent starts. (Lent starts this Wednesday!!!)
  • Accountability Partner & Group (my facebook group) - This is still good. With moving, the extra activity, and going to bed early most nights, I didn't check in as I should have each night. 
  • Food (no fasting because I'm sticking to the AIP diet - no cheating!) - Oh boy. A big F-A-I-L. The week started off ok. Actually, I was so nauseous that it wasn't difficult. But the feeling wouldn't go away and my stomach was bothering me so I had a small bowl of gluten-free pasta (an AIP no-no). It helped so much. I suppose that would have been ok if I hadn't then allowed myself to have pizza. Sigh. I so want a balance in this. I don't want to be so ill that I never feel well but I also don't want to obsess about it. Two things I know: the AIP diet is good for a lot of things so obviously something in my usual diet is a problem and I do know a few of those items. I think that I'm going to compromise by taking out the known offenders and a possible offender for a week and try testing it on Sunday. Repeat with other possibilities through the weeks. Hopefully this works, doesn't screw my stomach up too much, and it's doable.
  • Music - My kids have taken over the music. With the small space most times I feel a need for silence. Maybe it was just my mood of last week.
  • TV - Haven't brought any hobbies to light yet. I did watch TV with the family and found myself starting up a movie to watch with them. Yeah, I'm actually surprised by the pull of the TV. I really hadn't thought it was that strong prior to this challenge.
  • The Computer - Putting the computer in the school room has actually found me on it less, which is a good thing! I still get on at my check-in points of the day and a touch for school work but I haven't spent much time on it overall this past week. My phone, however... too easy to lose time on that.
  • Sleep... Thankfully my sleep is changing to a better schedule. I would like to go to bed earlier to wake earlier if I can, but even so, our schedule worked out just fine this past week.
  • Exercise - I dropped it the second part of the week. With submitting to the pizza, I had a little pity party. But then I just hurt and have been tired. Part food, part virus coming on, I'm sure. What I've learned about NOT exercising... I feel more tired. I don't always get my prayers done (on time or at all). I feel frumpy and moody.
  • Prayer/Reflection - Despite the bumpy week, I did mostly ok with this. Yesterday was nonexistent. I do have some novena prayers to catch up on. I didn't always pray my written AM/PM prayers but I free-prayed them. I'm still rereading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

So yeah, not the best week. Not the worst week either. Next week has to be better. It will be better.

A Thought from the Week...

Starting. Falling. Starting again. Failing. Picking up the cross. Again and again and again. Picking it up out of obedience, out of faith, out of love when you feel no love, and out of hope. How many times must I do this? I wonder. Time and again, I answer. This I know. And I fight to make my path God's path for me. Again and again, day after day, minute after minute.

"Have mercy on me, God, in accord with your merciful love;
in your abundant compassion blot out my transgressions.

"Thoroughly wash away my guilt;
and from my sin cleanse me.

"For I know my transgressions;
my sin is always before me.

"Turn away your face from my sins;
blot out all my iniquities.

"A clean heart create for me, God;
renew within me a steadfast spirit.

"Do not drive me from before your face,
nor take from me your holy spirit.

"Restore to me the gladness of your salvation;
uphold me with a willing spirit."

Psalm 51: 3-5, 11-14

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to post these encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!