Sunday, November 13, 2016

2016 Advent Calendar for Kids

It's a gorgeous fall day in my neck of the woods, but in two weeks Advent begins. Can you believe it?! Just like last year, I want to share a simple kids countdown for the Advent season. I tried to make it completely kid-doable so that busy (sick, tired, well-intentioned, etc.) parents can print and go with it very easily.

I'm having ups and downs here, but mostly ups thanks to modern medicine. I know what it's like to keep life simple and as easy as possible to get through a day, a week, a season. It's been a few years since I have looked forward eagerly to Advent and Christmas, and it feels refreshing to do so. Hopefully this little bit helps you and your kids no matter what's going on in your life.



2016 Advent Calendar for Kids

**Update** It has been kindly brought to my attention that I goofed and put the Feast of St. Nicholas on the 5th instead of the 6th. I'm sorry about that! Thank goodness we can perform secret acts of kindness any day!

Blank Page for Creative Kids

10 comments:

  1. Great calendar. Thanks for letting me share it with my Moms & Tots group. Hope all is well in Ohio.
    ❤️ Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. :) It is better than this time last year, that is for sure!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful calendar! Can I share it with my 3rd grade Faith Formation kiddos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start thinking about Advent. Thanks for this reminder. The good news is that I did already buy my Advent candles :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it down on paper anyway! 😉

      Delete
  4. Hi Nicole, Great calendar! I like it so much...I shared the link on my FB page, but one of my readers noticed that maybe the Feast Day of St Nicholas is on the wrong day? Should be Dec 6...or am I looking at the calendar wrong? Another reader said to just count it as the Eve of St Nicholas' Feast Day...which is helpful too...for preparing the shoes filled with treats. =)Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You are absolutely correct, Monica. I can't believe it. I'm going to treat it as the eve as well. Great idea from your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!