Sunday, November 8, 2015

Miss Z's Letter "D"

Miss Z finished letter F this past week, and I find this is the perfect mix of spending "school time" with my little one and minimum of prep for me. By taking a bit of time each month to gather together four weeks of letters and keeping to a similar notebook format, it is a simple thing to get going with Miss Z each morning.

Now, if only my blogging was more up-to-date!


Day 1: I drew the letter on the page. Miss Z traced it with her finger and wrote over it with a pen (her choice).

Day 2: Letter collage using stickers of objects that start with the letter D (we have a huge box of stickers - use what you have). Miss Z loves this activity.


Day 3: Letter hunting and matching using this printable. I felt a lack of creativity for this letter, so I she simply picked the "Dd"s among the other letters.


Day 4: Letter art! D is for "d"ino. I like to give Miss Z a few ideas for the letter, and this is what she picked. One day she painted on a paper plate. The next, I helped her cut out dino shapes which we glued on together and then she felt the need to add to her dino with marker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To round Miss Z's "school" we worked out of the Who am I? Image of God series (workbook A). I do use the teacher's manual with this (for once!). With each new letter, she colors and makes an ABC saint toilet paper person. The letter D saint was St. Denis. She did not like him missing his head so she drew one on for him.

She also used her binder of protector sheet worksheets. A recent favorite are these letter mazes. I also have her play on Starfall.com.

I will try hard to finish up blogging letters E and F since this week we move on to letter G.

(See the preschool page for more ABC fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!