Saturday, October 24, 2015

Miss Z's Letter "C"

Miss Z sure does love doing "school" with me first thing in the morning. I wish all my kids were so enthusiastic.

I'm a tad behind in blogging about our letters (we are heading into our "E" week) so don't be surprised to see letter D shortly.


Day 1: Trace letter with finger, build letter using Handwriting without Tears wooden pieces, and use do-a-dot markers to make the letter shape.

Day 2: Letter collage using stickers of objects that start with the letter C (we have a huge box of stickers - use what you have).


Day 3: Letter hunting and matching using a "C"hristmas tree. I pre-cut the Christmas tree shapes. Miss Z put glued it together on the page and then matched the uppercase letters to the lower to put on the ornaments. After, we drew presents under the tree.


Day 4: Letter art! C is for "c"upcake. I gave Miss Z a few ideas of what she could make and this was the one she picked. I helped cut out the cupcake liner which she glued onto construction paper and decorated. Using paint, she "iced" her cupcake and sprinkled on small pieces of paper for a finishing touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To round Miss Z's "school" we worked out of the Who am I? Image of God series (workbook A). I do use the teacher's manual with this (for once!). With each new letter, she colors and makes an ABC saint toilet paper person.

She also used her binder of protector sheet worksheets. This week we didn't use the binder as much as our school days were a bit shorter than usual. I also have her play on Starfall.com, which she loves and is very reasonably priced ($35 for an entire year - compared to ABCMouse.com which is $7.95/month = $96/year).

Next week... letter D!

(See the preschool page for more ABC fun.)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!