Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tea with the Angels

The tradition that started three years ago. Look at these kids back then:


They love this tradition. This year they helped set the table in blue and white. I made the easiest pumpkin cupcakes ever and the kids' "tea" was milk (I had a cinnamon flavored tea).

**To make the easiest pumpkin cakes ever, take a box of spice mix + can of pumpkin: mix and bake at 350 until done (20ish minutes). Being gluten-free, I took a box of yellow cake and added cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in addition to a bit of coconut milk. There are gluten-free spice cake mixes out there but it's far easier to find yellow or vanilla cake mix and add the spices. I added the milk as the mix + pumpkin is too dry for baking gluten-free. To frost, I whipped up your basic buttercream and replaced some of the liquid with real maple syrup. Soooo yummy!**

Before enjoying our "tea" we chatted about our guardian angels and said Our Guardian Angel prayer. After eating, we read My Guardian Dear: A Story of the Angels by Miriam Lademan and Susan Brindle, which is perfect for the boys' ages.

Another story the kids love is the Wupsy guardian angel story from the Catholic Treasure Box series. The original story can be found on BooksShouldBeFree.com in audio format.



My good Angel, Thou comest from heaven; God has sent thee to take care of me. Oh, shelter me under thy wings. Lighten my path, direct my steps. Do not leave me, stay quite near me and defend me against the spirit of evil. But above all come to my help in the last struggle of my life. Deliver my soul so that with thee it may praise, love and contemplate the goodness of God forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!