Thursday, October 2, 2014

Known: To Be or Not to Be?


Powered by BannerFans.com


"To draw near to Jesus we must be so little... Oh! how few souls aspire to be little and unknown."

The above was yesterday's quote from St. Therese of Lisieux. The words really spoke to me. It brings to mind a problem I have with blogging. I really and truly enjoy writing and sharing on this blog. Yet, a part of me wonders if I should be on here writing and sharing, or if I should remain quietly in my "real" life, serving God and my family.

After all, who am I to say anything to anyone? Of what importance? Of what authority?

Is it more important I aspire to be "little and unknown" completely - offline - or am I doing something little in my own way for my own holiness, and perhaps for other readers, by creating and keeping up with this small blog?

I have no answer.

I certainly do not keep up this blog to attract a following.

Do I enjoy communicating with my followers? Of course I do! I am human after all, and seeing a friendly response at the end of a busy, sometimes not so mom-friendly day feels good. Really good. I cannot tell a lie.

But do I blog to satisfy those followers? Or is it for some higher purpose? I like to think it is for some higher purpose. Yet, many times I feel as if I should just keep my mouth shut.

How does one know?

Let me leave you with another prayer thought from dear St. Therese:

"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what You want me to be and becoming that person."

No comments: