Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Just Show Up

I had this idea for a post earlier this morning.

I wish I could remember what it was, as I am squeaking in a post before I head to bed.

At the end of the day, all I can say is, sometimes you just have to show up.

Typically we go to Friday Mass but with co-op this week, our day is full. Instead, I decided to go today. We barely made it in town, and I had to take a spiritual communion, but we showed up. (We do take a low-gluten host at Sunday Mass.) 

I love the simplicity of daily Mass, and the warmth of the small group of parishioners.

I hesitate to wonder what our day would have been like had we not attended Mass. It was one of those days. 

But it was a day that ended on a high note. I attended my local homeschool mom's night out. That was worth just showing up for. Goodness, we mothers need that release, the laughter, the sharing of community and faith in God. Only one other mom is Catholic, but all the ladies are so welcoming and Christ-centered. What a blessing.

On a day you want to say no, perhaps a yes is really the answer. Or, show up anyway.

God bless.

This post is part of my 31 day blogging challenge:

Powered by BannerFans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!