Monday, October 6, 2014

Jesus Calls Us to the Smallest Things

Powered by BannerFans.com

The other day I received an email from the Divine Mercy Daily, a joint effort of Lighthouse Media and the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception. Their goal is to send daily snippets from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska along with a short reflection/prayer. The emails are brief but often strike right into your soul. (You can sign up here.)

I read this particular reflection right after deciding to do this 31 day writing challenge. I happened to also have just decided on the topic of the little things of faith. I think I was bombarded those first few days with quotes, emails, and even references of friends to the small things in life.

Not all of us are called to be great in the way that the world defines great, and I think we have to realize that. In fact, most of us are called to live quiet lives. I wonder how much more peaceful this world would be if we turned our eyes away from ourselves, and looked to those immediately around us. How can we help their day today? How can we show the love of Jesus to them? How can I give of myself more even when I don't always want to.

Here is the reflection:

"At the chapter, Mother [Borgia] stressed a life of faith and fidelity in small things. Half way through the chapter, I heard these words: I desire that you would all have more faith at the present time. How great is My joy at the faithfulness of My spouse in the smallest things. Then I looked at the crucifix and saw that Jesus' head was turned towards the refectory, and His lips were moving." (Diary, 352)

God bless your week. May we look for the littlest of things to offer up this week, the smallest sacrifices that only God can see. May it lead us to greater faith and love in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!