Thursday, October 23, 2014

God Alone

"The key to [a friendship with God] is very simple -- true happiness is to be found in God. We need to have the courage to place our deepest hopes in God alone, not in money, in a career, in worldly success, or in our relationship with others, but in God. Only he can satisfy the deepest needs of our heart." --Pope Emeritus

I think perhaps this goes along with yesterday's post about excuses. Do we place our hopes in God alone?

Do I rely on God for my material necessities? Am I thankful for what I DO have? Do I wish to have more? Am I responsible with the money given me?

Do I spend time wanting to do something other than the task set before me? Do I allow that time to interfere with what needs to be done? Do I spend time whining that I wish I could do "X" when the moment for that is simply not right now.

How much time and worry do I waste time on wondering how others perceive me? Am I treating and viewing all around me through Jesus' eyes or my own?

Do I rely on my husband (or whomever) more than I do God? Do I forget that this person too is a sinner and needs forgiveness as much as I do?

Sometimes the above can feel so overwhelming. Take it to the Cross. Lay it all out before Jesus, and let the worry go. Continue to do your best. As Blessed Mother Teresa once said,
"God does not expect you to succeed.
God expects you to try."
This post is part of my 31 day blogging challenge:

Powered by BannerFans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!