Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Excuses

"An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded." --St. John Paul II

Wow, this quote of today's saint of the day hit me square in the face. My household is currently experiencing a plethora of excuses from certain little people, and while it can certainly be aggravating, I think I could use this reflection for myself.

What excuses do I make?

~~ I'm tired. ~~

~~ I have to do this right now. ~~

~~ I have no energy. ~~

~~ My mind isn't up to that task. ~~

~~ I have too much to do. ~~

All those excuses have one thing in common: They are all about ME.

Let's turn it around.

~~ Lord, give me the energy to carry out my day according to Your will. ~~

~~ Lord, is it time to take a break and say yes to something new? ~~

~~ Lord, help clear my mind. ~~

~~ Lord, is there something I need to give up in order to take on something You desire of me? ~~

What excuses are keeping me from God?

This post is part of my 31 day blogging challenge:

Powered by BannerFans.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I need to do that too, no more petty excuses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!