Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Faith: The Little Things

I may be certifiably insane.

Through Facebook, a friend mentioned the 31 Days blog writing challenge from The Nester. It looks intense. 31 posts in October covering one topic. Every s.i.n.g.l.e. day. ONE topic.

You all know how very little I have posted recently. It's not that I don't love my faithful followers. Life has been going on. Aside from Facebook and Google, very little computer time has been happening here, which is a good thing in many ways. Yet, I miss writing and sharing.

All this quietness has felt nice, but I need to write through a few thoughts. For me. So come along for the ride if you want or just pass on by for the next 31 days.

My topic: FAITH, the little things. I want to share a few things, but I also want to think on others. I hope by forcing myself to write, that some fruit will come of it.

Visit the other ladies who prompted this on Facebook:

>>>>The faithful, humble Ana Maria at Bottled Ponderings who may not share the blog with her daughter this month (her daughter loves to share her baking adventures -- and she cooks/bakes quite often!).

>>>>The supermom, Fatima at Choosing the Right Path, who loves all things organized and wants to help other moms put first things first (God, family, and career - in that order). *NEW* blogger - go welcome her.

>>>>Finally, a new blogger to me though I recognize her name from emails (oh the world we live in): Christine at Epiphanies of Beauty. She mainly writes about book reviews and literary discussions from a Catholic perspective. Her idea is to start a book club for the 31 days. Her blog looks lovely.

To make this challenge official and fancy (since I am not officially signing up at 31 Days), I made a simple button to head all my 31 day posts and will link it all to this page:

BannerFans.com


Feel free to share if you so desire. If you decide to do it, let me know in the comments! And since today is the Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, I will leave you with one little thought:

"To draw near to Jesus we must be so little... Oh! how few souls aspire to be little and unknown." -- St. Therese of Lisieux

  • Day 1 -- Introduction (this post)
  • Day 26 -- Potential (Epiphanies of Beauty Photo Link-Up)

4 comments:

  1. Liturgical cookies can be a post on Faith, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! I have been neither blogging nor reading blogs lately.... haven't stopped in here for awhile. Your blog is looking great! I love the side bar with the liturgical seasons and months. Awesome! I miss you! I was inspired by AnaMaria to do the 31 day challenge to jump start my blog. Didn't realize until tonight that it's supposed to be themed. Very cool! I'm just doing some catch up and then hopefully working on a "Marriage" theme. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I don't know how I missed this comment, but I'm glad to see it now. :) I miss you as well! I am taking this next week to catch up on all my blogging friends. Writing for 31 days took away from that. (And I was going to go themeless and just write but I was nudged into the faith theme.)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!