Saturday, June 7, 2014

Marian ATC Swap

So the boys and I participated for the first time in Kimberlee's Marian ATC swap over at Pondered in My Heart. When I first brought up the idea, I thought for sure Mr. A would veto it, but both surprised me and said yes to it.

I really wasn't sure what to expect. I had hoped for more initiative from Mr. D but he insisted on copying big brother. Overall, it was an experiment. I thought we did ok, and I'm glad we were able to finish them by month's end!

Note that for their age, we should have stuck with simple drawings. Adding paint to the mix just called for trouble.

Mr. A's: 7 sorrows of Mary, Mary and baby Jesus, Mary pregnant, Mary, and M is for Mary.

Mr. D's: Mary pregnant with Jesus, Mary Queen of Heaven, Mary, M is for Mary, and Mary with baby Jesus.

Mine: Mary symbol, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Queen of Heaven, Rosary, Immaculate Heart.

Note that it was really hard to use basic colored pencil on watercolor paper. The kids lost my nice oil pencils somewhere and neither they (nor I) can find them. I actually enjoyed the watercolors best and my favorite is my Queen of Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Great job everyone! I love your rosary one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!