Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Our Lady of Fatima


Most holy Virgin, who hast deigned to come to Fatima, to reveal the treasures of graces hidden in the recitation of the Rosary, inspire our hearts with a sincere love of this devotion, that meditating on the Mysteries of Our Redemption recalled therein, we may obtain the conversion of Russia. And (here name other favors you are praying for); which we ask you in this Novena, for greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of souls. Amen.


My parish has a traveling Our Lady of Fatima statue and this week it is our turn to have her in our home, which fits perfectly with today's feast day.

Yesterday, the kids watched The Day the Sun Danced: The True Story of Fatima. It was part of the bag of prayers and rosaries and aids that travel along with the statue. The kids enjoyed the show.

I am putting into place something that has been on my wish list for a few years. Each month on the 13th the kids and I are going to specifically remember the events of Fatima, pray specifically for world peace on that day, learn a new prayer given to us by Mary during those visitations, and do a little something special. In October, we will do something a little bigger to wrap up the story of Fatima.

We are praying a Rosary decade daily. Today we added the Rosary Decade Prayer that the prayer book we were using does not include:

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.

We were going to color a page (like this one) but Mr. A spiked another fever, the day turned out middle-of-the-summer hot, and we just vegged. Hey, it was a birthday present to myself. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely...
    I stopped right away when I saw the beautiful statue.
    It reminded me of the statue we had at our home when I was young.
    My father, who very recently passed away, had a very deep devotion to Our Lady.
    We prayed our family rosary with the beautiful statue as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo! That's a beautiful memory to have. I will pray for your father.

      There's just something about this huge statue for the kids. I don't know if it's this particular statue or the size or what but they are enthralled. I wish we could have her for a little longer.

      Delete
  2. That is so neat that you have the traveling lady in your house. What a great inspiration to pray more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!