Monday, May 12, 2014

Mary, My Example


Earlier today, I read a simple post from Catholic Sistas: Mary Helps Me Mother by Allison H. and found it thought-provoking. It is a simple read so even if it's been a long day, check out the post. Trust me, your brain can handle it. :)

And that's perfect. Being a mom is messy. It's exhausting. It's exhilarating and beautiful and full of worry and anxiety. At the end of the day, we need to look back in thanks, in forgiveness, and look to something more to inspire us to wake for another round.

Sometimes it feels as if everyone and the world are against motherhood. Sometimes it feels as if we have plenty of problems just with our own kids, let alone strangers!

I know that for me, in the midst of the craziness of raising young children, I often feel alone (even when I know I have support) and at times, even God in whatever form (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) feels at a distance. Intellectually, I know He is there and I am thankful for that, but these moments are more and more when I look to Mary. I allow Mary to draw me closer to her Son. Jesus understands suffering, but Mary understands being a mother.

Mary, help me to let go. There are circumstances and personalities I will never be able to change.

Mary, help me to follow in your example: "Let it be done to me according to Thy word."

Mary, help me to raise my children in the Catholic faith.

Mary, help me to realize my children's God-given talents, and to push them along if necessary.

Mary, help me to allow my children to grow up.

Mary, help me to continue to pray for my children always, from this life into the next.

Mary, take my mother's heart to your Son, Jesus. You know my desires, my needs, my sufferings.

Hail Mary, hello, how are you?
I greet you with love,
And I thank you for being available.
Deeply, I breathe your roses,
The twelve fresh roses you place in my spirit
Every morning when I say hello to you.

Full of grace are you,
Grace spilling over Heaven's boundaries
Into my world, living water, bread and wine,
The unmerited favor of God
That you come carrying to me,
Your arms always full of gifts.

The Lord is with thee,
Jesus Christ the Messiah is with you,
And you teach me how to recognize
That the Lord is with me.

Blessed art thou amoung women,
Glowing with love for Jesus,
Pure blessedness never tainted
But alive with holy beauty.

And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus,
The most blessed of humanity,
Delivered through you, Virgin Mary.
Jesus, the most cursed of humanity,
Who became a curse for me
So that I might be blessed
With his resurrection life.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Teach me to value motherhood,
Help me pray for mothers and fathers
To love and support each other.
Show me how God loves you.

Pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death.
Pray that I can live each moment
Consecrated to love, to Christ,
That I recognize each now
As the moment of salvation
So that I die prepared for eternal life.
Pray that I can crucify my passions,
Those passions that make me a sinner,
And that I can die to sin on the cross with Jesus
As you look on weeping and praying
But joyous, knowing that resurrection follows.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. 
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Nicole! What a lovely example you are:) I need to renew my consecration...It's time. How is it that we just keep trying to just do things on our own? I can't live without the Blessed Mother, my hope and my help to lead me quickly to her Son. Thank you for inspiring me to get going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany. You give me too much credit. I wrote this out of my own need to refocus my path as a mother. I feel absolutely inadequate of late. No doubt you're absolutely right on about trying to do it on our own. We simply cannot! We need to realize we need God, then actually lean on Him, and for me (and I'm sure many) avail ourselves of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist frequently!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!