Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday: spring fever

I'm thankful that I am feeling well again. Overall, I have been doing very well. I am even on the elliptical nearly every day, and am up to 2.5 miles/day (roughly 12 minutes)! But my Friday slogging turned into a low energy weekend. I have this oximeter and it was showing low heart rates. My oxygen kept going up and down and was on the low side. What a bummer. It's easy to forget about my lungs in-between episodes. So I guess the thankful in all this, is that it motivates me to make healthier choices... most of the time.

I am thankful that I made it to Mass on Sunday despite not feeling well!

Thankful for this fresh bouquet of spring flowers on my counter thanks to my husband. Let me make this clear. He rarely gives me flowers so this was a definite, out-of-the-blue surprise. His reason? For nursing him through his recent illness which laid him flat.


Thankful for peek-a-boos:


Thankful for more play time outside now that the weather is improving, and that most of this snow is now all gone:


Thankful for beautiful sunrises and gorgeous sunsets. This was an awesome sunset that once again I failed to capture well.


Thankful for sleeping baby-turned-toddler (and for cute skirts!):


Thankful for these two girls playing together so sweetly now (most of the time). Here Miss Z was the mom while big sister was the baby eating baby food. Just prior, both were lying on the floor while Miss Z rubbed her sister's hair and "sang" her to sleep. It was so cute.


Thankful for an ornery cat and kids to play with said cat.


Thankful for cute dancers. She's so serious here, but she had this huge smile just before taking a picture. (Her legs are getting so lean and tall!)


Thankful for Starfall.com in motivating D. to get his school work done so he can "practice" reading on the computer. I'm thankful he's doing so well with reading after struggling for so long!


Thankful for sunny windows and warm, cuddly cats.


Thankful for music and dance parties and blurry pictures:




Thankful for celebrating our faith in little ways, like these faux tye-dyed shamrocks on St. Patrick's feast day (March 17th) while reading about St. Patrick and talking about the Blessed Trinity. 

(To make a shamrock - or any shape - cut out shapes from coffee filters, color with water-based markers, drop water on it and watch the colors spread. Do I have to tell you the kids loved this?)

I'm thankful it looks a bit more spring-like with these hanging on the wall (I used ribbon and tape to create the garland).



Thankful for moving the school room around so we could see outside better, and using this book case to make a little family altar in a small corner. It's filled with our religious books, our St. Stephen's blessing jar, rosaries, and our little saint dolls.


Thankful our faith can be so hands-on.


Thankful for a few small signs of spring like these bulbs coming up. Daffodils? Tulips? I have no idea. It'll be a surprise. I'm just thankful to see green and not white.


Thankful for these boys. And their poses. And for days outside with no coats while snow still hugs the ground.


I took this picture for a reason and I have no idea what that is now. But I'm happy and thankful to see this picture showing that they DO get along and are not always fighting.


There's that sleeping baby again! I was able to nap for a few minutes too. So, so thankful.


Thankful for seriousness and the words that come out of this boy's mouth. "It's really like playing with a real dog. But I still want a real dog." Thankful he has no idea I'm photographing him.


Because as soon as he does, I get this great smile (which I love and am thankful for):


Thankful for laughter and a posing baby:



I'm thankful for this picture. I'm missing a child but I am rarely in pictures. I told myself I would take more pictures of me with my kids and I haven't done so well with that.


Thankful for signs of love everywhere. A. pointed out this heart in his pancake syrup the other day.


Thankful for the creativity of the kids. D. takes the win this week with his lego solar system. See the sun in the middle surrounded by orbiting planets?


Today I am thankful for SPRING even if it doesn't quite feel like it's here yet. The signs are there.

Thankful that we took school out today instead of getting in a funk after a restless morning. We had lunch at Wendy's and we read poetry and history there.


Right now, at this moment, I am thankful for quiet and for the chance to hang out one-on-one with the littlest. The rest are off to karate. The sun is shining, most of our school work is done despite going off on tangents today, and the house is relatively clean (which isn't super clean so don't feel bad - I just meant I can walk room to room if I want without tripping on something!).
"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~~ Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it--Everything!! Your kiddos are so cute!
    Love the spring flowers and the beautiful sunset, you captured it perfectly! (I know, I always feel the same way though, it's more vibrant in person!)

    Well, Little Miss Z may be growing up, but she still has that cute little baby face!! Loved the peek a boo, the serious dancer and the photo poser...she's a honey.

    Love the green boys outside! And green coming out of the ground!! Yay, seems so far off for us....

    Thanks for linking up, God bless, I'm thankful for you!
    These bring so much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Miss Z is a little cutie right now. She's so fun to watch and she really amazes me. I mean, we all say our kids are great and smart but she's doing things none of the others did at this age. Maybe it's because she's the youngest? Whatever the reason, it is FUN!

    I'm glad my post made you feel happy and thankful. Yours always does too and that's whole point, right? So I'm glad I did. Thanks for visiting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Your kids are so adorable. The garland is beautiful and your kids are outside in t-shirts! YAY! The cute skirt & tights..I wish I could dress like that!! I see all these cute adorable tights everywhere on toddlers...why don't they make them for mom? I admit, it might looks slightly goofy, but you only live once! Haha. Your thankful posts inspired mine today. It's so good to reflect on all the positive things we have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to inspire. :)

    The skirt is cute. My friend made it out of fat quarters. The tights were a gift. White polka dots on pink with a ruffled butt. Not sure how that'd be on an adult. :) I have seen cute leggings. Ok, maybe not pink with polka dots but still cute. We get the boots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!