Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Our Lady of Lourdes, Pray for Us!


Oh ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look upon me with mercy. When you appeared in the grotto of Lourdes, you made it a privileged sanctuary where you dispense your favors, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. My loving Mother, obtain my request. I will try to imitate your virtues so that I may one day share your company and bless you in eternity. Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids and I all went to our local shrine today so Skipper and I could go to Confession. After, we visited my grandparents. My grandpa is now home after a hospital stay to amputate his second leg. He looked good, and acted well for us, so I was thankful for that.

We came home to lunch and school work, a short nap for me (I really should do that sleep study -- maybe insurance will pay for it now with the COPD diagnosis???). 

The kids watched Bernadette - The Princess of Lourdes before we had our special feast day dinner: crockpot French onion soup, salad with French dressing, and some gluten-free bread:


And there was a special dessert for the kids. When I baked the sheep cupcakes for the boys' birthday party, I had a teeny bit of cake batter left so I baked it in a small circle pan and froze it once cooled. It was a thin layer but I had the inspiration to use it as the dirt St. Bernadette dug through to reach the spring (leftover icing with blue coloring). I sprinkled powdered sugar on top for some snow. We have so much, I thought I would share.


And now gentle snow falls as we prepare for family hair cut night, baths, and bed.

God bless you on our Lady's feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!