Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our Family's 2014 Patron Saint

Using Jennifer Fulwiler's Saint Generator, our family's 2014 patron saint is...


St. Rose Philippine Duchesne

Feast Day: November 18th

I have seen this saint's name before, but knew nothing of her. Reading a short biography, the few items that jumped out at me... Her family was Catholic but were they really practicing in their hearts or just going through the motions? (They didn't want her to be a nun - "violently opposed.") Her mother gave St. Rose her religious education. (What about her father?) St. Rose was a teacher of sorts, prayed constantly, and kept doing God's work despite hostile government, unknown territories, and illness.

I look forward to learning more about her.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole

    It's been a long time. I haven't been on blogger for a while...long story plus I've been without a computer for about 8 months. Happily my daughter is allowing me the use of her laptop for a while so I'm catching up a bit.

    I hope you are well. I also used the generator and got St Frances of Rome. I, too, had never heard of her but what an inspiring life she led! I think that I just may keep giving that generator a w girl just to learn about more saints. :)

    Well, let me wish you and yours a wonderful New Year and God's abundant blessings.

    Love
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Maria, hi!!! I've wondered about you. Glad to know you're still around, if offline. I've never heard of St. Frances of Rome either. The saint generator is very interesting, isn't it? So glad to hear from you, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!