Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Feast of the Epiphany!

Today was cold and blustery at -12 just an hour ago, but sunny. Though the Catholic Church in the U.S. celebrated Epiphany yesterday, we chose to do it on the traditional, today, January 6th. 

I had a few more fun things planned today as well as an easy start to school, but a certain little student has been more than difficult in cooperating (Any homeschool moms with advice? I'm struggling with this one.). Skipper was out sick (like passed out on the couch with a fever ill) and I was still feeling half and half with whatever is going on with me (thankfully I felt really good after a rare afternoon nap - thank you, Miss Z!).


So, we pared it down to a few "kingly gifts" to the kids (bubble bath, chocolate gold coins, and smelly markers), reading a few books while the kids sketched...




And a special dinner with a king cake after. Critter helped decorate the table.



And he found the bean again this year!



Happy Feast of the Epiphany to you. I sure hope this finds you warm and cozy at home and with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!