Saturday, July 27, 2013

First Holy Communion Notebook, Part III: The Sacrament of Reconciliation


Blogging day #6, almost there! I actually hope to have two posts up for today so I can finish off my posts on Skipper's First Holy Communion notebook. Right now, let's look at The Sacrament of Reconciliation.

My Faith ~~~ Salvation History ~~~ The Sacrament of Holy Communion

Back in April, Skipper celebrated his first confession. It was an evening set aside for first communicants. After a few words from father, the kids took turns with him or with a visiting priest for their first confession. Once done, parents took their children around to four stations to complete a task (saying prayers, lighting candles, receiving a few special remembrance items, etc.). The parents finished up by confessing themselves. It was a nice time spent with Skipper. I think he enjoyed it too.



Prior to his first confession, back at home, we worked and completed "The Sacrament of Reconciliation" for his notebook.

What is the Sacrament of Reconciliation?

What is Sin?

An Examination of Conscience

The Ten Commandments

God's Greatest Commandment

Act of Contrition copy work

Steps to Confession - I printed the page, cut it into strips, and had Skipper put the steps in order before pasting.

My First Confession Special Memory Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!