Friday, July 26, 2013

First Holy Communion Notebook, Part II: Salvation History


Blogging day #5, can you believe it? I'm still here! Let's continue where we left off yesterday with Skipper's First Holy Communion notebook - Salvation History.

My Faith ~~~ The Sacrament of Reconciliation ~~~ The Sacrament of Holy Communion

For this section I kept all background pages the same color. I used Microsoft Word and Google images to create mini books for the particular Bible stories I wanted to include. We read the stories together, and Skipper narrated them back to me. We all helped color the pictures since coloring is just now becoming a *fun* thing to do.

I like the mini books but you could do a full-page coloring book, cover only a few Bible stories, write a paragraph, have kids draw the pictures, use colored pictures from the Internet - the ideas are many. I found it best to do the Old Testament stories alongside our Jesse Tree readings during Advent and the New Testament stories alongside our Jesus Tree readings during Lent.

The pictures are horrible so I'll apologize now.

Narration for the story of Mary and Martha.




9. Joseph

















Skipper also added two little pocket pages to hold the mini prayer book he's worked on the last few years (he enters prayers as he memorizes them) and for his Mass book from Catholic Icing (though now he prefers the Magnifikid).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!