Monday, July 15, 2013

A Thankful Post

So... last Wednesday my little town experienced quite a day. A huge storm went through our area that did produce two weak tornadoes in my town. Thankfully, no one was killed or seriously hurt from this storm, but a lot of damage was done, and just today we have Internet back up. Tornadoes in our area are rare but possible so everyone was in a frenzy.

One of our few after effects of the storm.

Too bad a family friend's van took the brunt of the trampoline.

We had quite a number of branches down but only this one tree completely uprooted.

A limb from my in-laws. This was nothing compared to the damage I saw in town.

One of the tornadoes touched down a mile away from my house, the other further on in town. Both lasted less than a mile. The kids and I were actually out of town on an errand and spent way too long in the produce cooler at Kroger since they experienced tornado warnings as well and had at least one touch down in the area. My phone had no battery, and there were no windows so I had no idea what was going on. Management was nice and gave the kids stuff to play with (all the other locals finished shopping and ran home!).


Thankfully, the drive home went well despite a bit of damage and flooding. The part of town worst hit was not in my direct line to get home. It was kind of nice to have no electricity for a few days. We did have a generator to run the fridge, and we did find out that the newer, fancy schmancy toilets do not work AT ALL without electricity (we have a well and septic). I am grateful the hot weather held out until this week - though some are still without power - and that no one was hurt.



Thank You God

For all You have given,
Thank You God.

For all You have withheld,
Thank You God.

For all You have withdrawn,
Thank You God.

For all You have permitted,
Thank You God.

For all You have prevented,
Thank You God.

For all You have forgiven me,
Thank You God.

For all You have prepared for me,
Thank You God.

For the death You have chosen for me,
Thank you God.

For the place you are keeping for me in heaven, 
Thank You God.

For having created me to love You for eternity,
Thank You God.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your power is back on and sooo glad you are ok with no damage and noone hurt! Sending my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad you are all ok. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!