Monday, January 14, 2013

Be Present Now

Let's make it our goal to be "present moment" people. Let's practice gratitude, especially when worry tries to take over our hearts. Life will become simpler, easier and less cluttered.

— from Make Room For God


This quote came through my inbox this morning. How so appropriate for me, how needed. In finding myself adrift lately, one of the few things that anchor me to my every day life are my to-do lists, hanging on to what I know must be done in this physical world - for myself, my children, my husband, my home... Yet, it's a catch-22, because in focusing on THE LIST it is too easy to lose sight of my true purpose. I find myself too much in the Martha camp, when I really want to find a way to Mary's camp. I am too much of a planner, a thinker, a reflector, a worrier.

I need to ask, what is God calling me to do today? Not tomorrow or years from now, but today? That, I can focus on. I can let go of the worry, the stress, the planning, for one day. I can focus on the true needs of my family. 

Thank you, Lord, for a new day, a new morning of fresh starts.

(By the way, has anyone read this book? I looked it up and it looks like a good read.)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole, I love this post. I can identify. I think many moms and people in general get distracted by what our true purpose in life is. It is so hard for me to focus on the present, but I think it's just a good habit and the more I practice, the more I realize how well I feel when I just focus on what's right in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nicole, I love this post. I can identify. I think many moms and people in general get distracted by what our true purpose in life is. It is so hard for me to focus on the present, but I think it's just a good habit and the more I practice, the more I realize how well I feel when I just focus on what's right in front of me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!