Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I am so excited to wake up tomorrow and see the look of excitement on my kids' faces! Miss Bear is eager to see baby Jesus under the tree, but I suspect the boys are more eager for the presents, both of whom went to bed with their erector sets, wishing to find another waiting under the tree. As my oldest said when I asked him about taking them to bed, "Just in case we get another one so we can combine them to build really neat stuff." So there you go, stuff. :)

Really, though, I remember the excitement and the feeling that I would never fall asleep ever. And then of course waking up incredibly early. (I sure hope my kids do not get up that early!!!) As a mom, however, I was ready for bed time just like any other day. We are all a little under the weather so we decided to go to Christmas morning Mass and hopefully get a good night's rest instead.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a joyous day! Let me leave you with some photos of my quiet evening and a little Christmas prayer, from me to you.







May Jesus, the newborn Son of God and Mary, dwell in your heart and increase your trust in him.

May your trust in God strengthen you in your daily life so that you can respond to him with your whole heart, as Mary did.

May God reward you for your kindness by warming his own love and deepening your communion with Jesus throughout the coming year.

2 comments:

  1. My 3 year old tonite, said, "I like Baby Jesus's birthday!"

    It is so fun to see their excitement!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too cute, and yes it is exciting!

      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!