Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Novena

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

The Christmas Anticipation Prayer / Christmas Novena / St. Andrew Christmas Novena - whatever you want to call it - begins tomorrow and is prayed daily through Christmas Eve. It is believed that if you humbly pray this prayer fifteen times a day from November 30th (the Feast of St. Andrew) through Christmas Eve, that whatever you pray for will be granted. I printed out these lovely prayer cards last year, but did not start the prayer. This year I intend to. I will do the prayer alone this year, but when I decide to bring the kids in on the prayer in the future, I think these prayer beads would make a nice addition, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!