Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tea with the Angels


To celebrate the Feast of the Guardian Angels, the kids had their annual "tea" with the angels this afternoon (after a long but interesting field trip to a local wildlife rehabilitation and educational facility). This simple celebration is always a hit.



I had some vanilla cupcakes in the fridge which the kids thought just as good without the frosting! For the "tea" we used some yummy apple cider. We prayed the Angel of God prayer and I read the book, My Guardian Dear: a Story of the Angels -- Mi Angel de la Guarda, Un cuento acerca de los Angels by Miriam Lademan and Susan Brindle.


A Mother's Prayer to the Guardian Angels of her Children

I humbly salute you, O you faithful, 
heavenly Friends of my children! 
I give you heartfelt thanks 
for all the love and goodness you show them. 

At some future day I shall, 
with thanks more worthy than I can now give, 
repay your care for them, 
and before the whole heavenly court 
acknowledge their indebtedness to your guidance and protection. 

Continue to watch over them. 
Provide for all their needs of body and soul. 
Pray, likewise, for me,  for my husband, 
and my whole family, 
that we may all one day rejoice in your blessed company. 

Amen. 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to honour the angels...looks like your family had a lovely day! I attended Mass where the priest shared some stories of heavenly intervention in his life..wonderful testimonies. I truly believe in angelic intervention myself after my own experience.

    Thanks for sharing the beautiful mother's prayer.

    God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had some wonderful celebrations lately! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Maria, sounds like a good Mass!

    Sylvia, it is perking up around here. Mostly because I feel better and have some energy. I am not fully recovered but I am HEAPS better than I was this summer. It really is amazing how food (even if it's "healthy") affects you. But you know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas! I really, really wanted to make a little paper angels thing like you made, but I searched high and low and couldn't find one. Go figure.=) Next year, I'll make one. We had some friends over and had a little dinner party with cake. =) Angel food cake, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elisa! I LOVE angel food cake. It is a perfect treat for this feast. Some day I will attempt a gluten-free version for the kids even though I will not he able to eat it. Eggs are pretty essential to angel food cake.

    For the paper angels, I took a piece of white cardstock and folded it accordion style along the longer end (I was able to make four sections). I drew the angel shape so that the wings touched each side. It was a small angel so I actually fit one angel on top of the other to end up with two paper chains. Make sense? Then I cut the extra paper off, making sure not to cut the edge of the wings so the chain was formed. Grab some orange paper and make some pumpkins to practice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!