Friday, October 5, 2012

Feast of St. Faustina


Today the Catholic Church celebrates the Feast of Saint Faustina, who brought us the message of Jesus' Divine Mercy. The kids and I did a little activity to learn about her, and again, she is another saint I want to know more about, and to read her diary.

I found some great printables from TheDivineMercy.org website. We read a brief life of St. Faustina for kids from the Little Book of Saints, volume 1. And then, I used printables from The Divine Mercy site to explain the vision of Jesus that St. Faustina had, as well as a little intro into the Divine Mercy Chaplet and the graces given if prayed, and finally, a picture to color as I prayed a chaplet with the kids.

I really love how simple it is to incorporate our faith into all we do. And, I really love praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.


"I have found that the greatest power is hidden patience. I see that patience always leads to victory, although not immediately; but that victory will become manifest after many years. Patience is linked to meekness." ~ St. Faustina, from her diary, page 541 ~

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite saints...you always do such a great job of celebrating each feast day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie Jo! I enjoy learning about the saints. Their lives give me so much to think about! I must say, blogging about our celebrations certainly appear much more calm and peaceful here than they do in reality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to celebrate at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!