Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Morning Reflection

As I sit down to write this post I find this past week has flown by in such a blur. Nearly every night I have fallen in bed exhausted, and that's if I had not already fallen asleep nursing Miss Z! And all because of a puppy named Lucy. She is go, go, go! I love our morning walks but not so much her love of tug o' war. Outside of her three times daily psycho moments, she is fitting in well and hopefully with time will realize that we will not abandon her.

In school news, we are trekking along. We just wrapped up our whale study and are moving along to sea cows. In history, we are heading back in time to ancient India and Africa before hitting the Egyptians and Jewish history. I am still getting used to the increase in Skipper's workload. And yes, I still want to put up our school plans - a goal for this weekend.

Speaking of Skipper, he has his very first CCD class this coming week. I am not sure he is too excited about that, but he is excited to have First Communion this year.

And speaking of communion, my first transition last Sunday went smoothly as at present I can only receive under the species of wine. There are low gluten hosts deemed safe but until my blood work is normal I have to wait. I am ok with that as it may turn out that Skipper and I receive the host at the same time.

Talking about Gluten-Free, last night I made a super easy and yummy tortilla for dinner to use with mashed sweet potatoes and black bean filling. Both boys (and I) liked them very much and Skipper even said, "And they don't even crack or break." Much better than corn tortillas. Since I don't have a tortilla press mine were more like a thin flatbread, but I liked it that way!

Lately (well, pre-pup anyway) I have been re-reading Holly Pierlot's book, A Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul. I find it to be so inspirational in examining my personal life, and highly recommend it to women struggling to maintain prayer life and spiritual growth, households, families, marriages. I like to read it slowly and muse along the way, making changes slowly in each of the five P's. I will be sharing one of my reflections on the first P: Prayer shortly.

Well, that is about all on this muggy, cloudy morning. For those in the U.S., enjoy your holiday weekend! God bless.

"Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." ~St. Augustine~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!