Sunday, September 2, 2012

Filling the Void

A reflection of mine after reading on the "First P: Prayer" from the book A Mother's Rule of LIfe: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul by Holly Pierlot.

Inside all of us there is a void, waiting to be filled, but filled by what? Or should I say by whom? Too many go their entire lives, attempting to fill this void - with hobbies, money, with food, through relationships, and even worse, through sex, drugs, and more. But what we really need is God.

Even so, even with God, I find that I am constantly filling the void, that I have to, again and again, allow God to fill the void. Each day is a choice. Do I fill it with what think I should be doing, or do I pray and allow God's will to alter my day?

"Our hearts were made for you, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you." ~St. Augustine~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!