Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crazy and Happy

I won't lie. Today was a tough one, a real "not sure one of the kids - or mom - is going to make it through alive." (Don't worry, I counted four sleeping children in their beds before sneaking off to put up this post.) It was just one of those days. And yet, among the madness, good moments. Happy moments. Very happy moments.

A welcome and much needed hug.

A growing baby. Miss Z is not quite 9 months but she had her checkup today. 24 lbs, 11 oz and 29 inches. Miss Z is having some solid food issues. Not exactly sure. It's been little things since we started but there was some blood in her stool the other day so she is having a few tests done. Aside from that, healthy as can be. She is quite vocal, can finally sit without support, doesn't crawl but rolls or pushes herself backward, loves to stand supported, and loves to be in the middle of things. She plays with her tongue, goes crazy over electronics, and is happily exploring her three new teeth.



A sweet smile and "I love you" from Miss Bear who is SO HAPPY to be doing "school" with me. I am using Little Saints Preschool, but loosely, changing up the games and activities to better suit my time and needs. So far, it's a hit and I love the bits of time I spend just with Miss Bear.

I think I may have to change Miss Bear's name to Miss Sparkles. You should see her new, pink, sparkly shoes!


I love Skipper's excitement over his CCD class. Tonight they had a sacrament kickoff party and so I brought in some Gluten-Free cupcakes. I am so glad he is enjoying his class.

And look, a new member joined my family today! My brother and his wife had their second baby today, another boy. So sweet!

5 comments:

  1. Nicole..I hear you! I have more days when I feel at the end of my strength than I care to say.

    I just want to share a bible verse with you that I meditated on this morning Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give him thanks in song"

    When we're at the end of our strength, we can lean on Him and He gives us strength to endure and persevere. I, for one, am so very thankful to God and praying for a heart full of joy...against all odds!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nicole, sweet little miss Z, those chubs are just adorable!!! And yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, I've had days like those. I think all moms can relate. Hope you are ok. your children are beautiful. my my miss Z has grown. and happy birthday to the new little one. what a handsome bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Marie, thank you for the Bible quote. It is quite fitting. I find my way through remembering what I have to be thankful for. It always helps.

    Jamie Jo, I love her chubbiness too! Though I am finding none of the girl clothes I saved fit her!

    Gardenia, I am OK. It has just been one of those weeks where all the little things and attitudes don't mesh. Thank you for your concern!

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole~Popping over to say hello. Your little Z is such a sweetie. Your Sunday thanks and bouquet to Our Lady were such heartfelt prayers...Sending you a hug, one Mama to another:) Have a blessed week. That's what we do, craziness and all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!