Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pinterest - What's Your Take?

Ok, I know many of you "pin" ideas and love Pinterest. And I know there were some legal questions awhile ago. But what I want to know is why you love (or don't love) Pinterest, and if you do love it, what do you love about it, and what would you change if you could?

By the way, I actually do have a Pinterest account that I mostly use for school ideas, as well as recipes and liturgical ideas, but I am still unsure how I feel about it long-term.

This question also came about when my husband and his friend said they didn't get it. His friend had never even heard of it. Both were more than a little frustrated as both are computer programmers (good ones too!) and could not believe it brings in the revenue it does - no ads, looks sloppy, and I am sure a few other items that would go over my head. My husband in particular is annoyed with the boom in social sites like Facebook and such. The latest craze is Instagram, where you take a photo, apply a filter, and share with others via a social network like Facebook. He thinks it is crazy how "awesome" this app is when you have been able to use photo software to do the same thing for ages.

I digress... Back on topic... What's your take on Pinterest?

I never expect comments from my readers and am always glad to hear from you when you do, but this time I really do want input to share with my husband and his friend! :)

3 comments:

  1. My husband doesn't know what Pinterest is either...he was like "What?"

    I don't want to have an account...for me, it's just more stuff, whether it's virtual or real, it clutters my mind with "stuff" "clutter" I don't need that.

    Blogging is enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did really like pinterest. Then I deleted my entire account b/c of the legal questions. I also deleted it b/c I was getting more jealous than inspired. I really have a problem with comparing and it's just not good for me to keep comparing or seeing a 100 things a day that are too cool for me, or I don't have time, or money. You know? Can't say I regret deleting my account. Occasionally I'll find something I want to "pin", so I just bookmark it the old fashioned way.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my husband has no clue what pinterest is. I've been on pinterest, but I have to stay away. it's too distracting for me. Great stuff but it can be addicting I think. for me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!