Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our Quiet Holy Thursday


O God, who have called us to participate in this most sacred Supper, in which your Only Begotten Son, when about to hand himself over to death, entrusted to the Church a sacrifice new for all eternity, the banquet of his love, grant, we pray, that we may draw from so great a mystery, the fullness of charity and of life. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
~~~~~~~~~~
Here on the home front we are - and, I hate to say this - sick again. Thankfully it appears to be a lighter cold this time, but it sure made Critter's existing symptoms to worsen. We spent the morning out at the doctor's and a little errand. The boys needed drops for their eyes (yep, pink eye too). Boy, was that a struggle to put in before bed tonight. I would much rather take them to get their blood drawn! Hopefully tomorrow it goes more smoothly.

We continued with a themed meal (using inspiration for Green Thursday): an experimental crock roast that is most definitely not green but was so delicious, creamy avocado pasta (awesome!) on a bed of spinach for me, peas, and grape juice. After I devoured ate my dinner, I told the story of Passover and read the story of the Last Supper from the New Catholic Picture Bible. Sometimes the simple things are best. Don't you think?


1 comment:

Gardenia said...

I love the New Picture Bible and forget to take it out all the time. I like to use it during Advent, but you're right that it contains stories for all year long. The avacado pasta looks delicious! So sorry about the colds and pink eye. Ugh, I've had pink eye a couple times and it is not fun! (plus I have to throw out all my makeup when that happens, which is almost as bad as the pink eye!) God bless your Easter !!