Monday, April 30, 2012

The Heaven's Tell God's Glory

Here we are wrapping up the third week of Easter! Can you believe it?! It seems like yesterday we were plowing through Lent and too much illness. Now, we are all healthy - for the most part - and the weather is looking more spring-like. In true Ohio fashion, we had snow showers Saturday morning, today it was a little too warm (in pants) at 80ish, and tonight it looks like we may be in for a storm or two. Fun! I foresee little stragglers cozying up in bed with me tonight.

Usually our garden party takes place on Sunday, but we had a busy weekend on the road. And for good reason. See the little cutie below? My nephew was baptized into the Church yesterday. Praise God!


We had a simple dinner tonight with this week's symbols. The kids loved it, and the food disappeared very quickly! I linked up over at Catholic Cuisine - be sure to check out some other great spreads over there!

The Heaven's Tell God's Glory
Symbols to use: wind, rain, hail, lightening, rainbow, cloud, sun

The Decor
Quite simple. We laid out our casual tablecloth and added some blue "sky" paper napkins. I had the very hungry kids draw lightening on the napkins for our decoration while they waited.

The Drink
Simplicity at its best - and perfect after a hot afternoon playing! Ice cold rain water with hail ice cubes.

The Meal
A carrot and hummus sun as an appetizer.


Windy hair pasta (tossed with some steamed broccoli, olive oil, and dried herbs). Both my husband and Skipper rolled their eyes on this one, but hey, they do not know about long hair and wind!

The Dessert


A fruit rainbow made of strawberries, tangerines, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries served with clouds of whipped cream. Soyatoo makes a whip cream from rice milk that is delicious, but since it is just me that should be dairy-free I opted out of it completely (I say should because I did indulge in a mint chocolate chip flurry this past weekend that I hadn't had for years and years... and well, now, I am paying the price with poor, little Miss Z fussing and fussing. I guess she does not like dairy herself!)

"The heavens declare the glory of God" ~ Psalm 19:2

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my post Nicole!! I like your ideas too! That sun with carrots is something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! That pasta looks delicious!

    Aren't you just so happy that everyone is healthy again... I can completely relate, as you know! :) Lent was sure a tough one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so so sorry that your little one doesn't do well with dairy. It's amazing how even just a little can really make them fussy for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the windy angel hair! I get it!
    Oh! and that carrot sun - on the list for next year! (or next week's snack)
    I love how you did the fruit rainbow in the round. very cool! I am going to steal that idea: soon. (is that really stealing if I tell you first?)

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, steal all you want. I would never deny anyone fruits and vegetables! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh the windy hair is delightful!! We may have to use that. and I love the carrot sun. last year, we used peaches for the sun, but we do love carrots, so I may have to try that. We are so far behind. Gotta get this party on the road!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!