Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shakin' the Crazies Out

Before tomorrow, Ash Wednesday, a day that marks the beginning of penitential season of Lent, we had some extra fun and "shook our crazies" out with some music, dancing, and a once-a-year dinner of ice-cream sundaes.



Having a little too much fun perhaps? Wearing his Aunt's knee-high boots. Looks like a satyr to me. What do you think? (Sounded like one too!)


Skipper was so excited to have sundaes for dinner that I could not even get a clear picture.



Hiding the Alleluia (a nursing/clingy baby kept this from happening so I need to go do that before bed here).


I have some Lenten plans for the kids - the Jesus Tree, Lenten countdown prayer chain, a good deeds jar, and a few other small things to set the stage. Most of my plans are new to this year except the Jesus Tree. Lent is a difficult time for me to share with the children as I would like. It is a work in progress. Much like Lent, you could say.

I hope you all have had a crazy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday, Pancake Tuesday, or whatever you call it in your home). God bless!

3 comments:

  1. I do love those masks made out of handprints. very creative and creatively decorated. We had ice cream on Mardi Gras too. I'm going to try the sacrifice/good deeds jar this Lent. The Jesus tree is a little ambitious for me this year, but I will be doing the Holy Week walk with the poster board and the little pictures of Jesus' stations of the cross that week. God bless your Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gardenia! I wouldn't have done the Jesus tree either except that it was all ready to go from last year. The jar has gone well so far. I know it's only day 2 but I think it'll work better than them trying to do one thing for 40 days. Still young enough to not grasp that time frame really. Your Lenten ideas sound good for little ones. God bless your Lent as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!