Sunday, February 12, 2012

Prayer Request


In the early morning hours I received an email from a woman in my local Catholic homeschooling group. I do not know this woman (the group is fairly large), but I do not need to know her to grieve for her and pray for her. Please, if you feel led, say one as well. Her email has been on my mind all morning.

She wrote to ask everyone for prayers for her 3 1/2 month old son, Conner, who died today inexplicably. There is nothing more to say...

Dear Lord of Mercy, we lift up Conner, his parents and his family to your cross because they have been devastated by tragedy and are engulfed in sorrow because of the death of their child. Pour out your spirit and love over them and let them feel your comfort. Remind their hearts that they have a hope in the resurrection and that you died on the cross so that all who put their faith in you would be delivered from death. Let them receive the support from those around them. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this too, and also don't know the family but I can't even begin to imagine what this poor family is facing right now. Our prayers are with them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!