Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Thankful Thursday

I am always inspired by Jamie Jo's Thankful Thursday posts at Lord, Make Me a Saint. Today, I felt the urge to follow her example, because, well, the good Lord knows I need a glaring reminder today of what I am thankful for!

For growing babies...


For oversized, comfy chairs to nurse my growing baby...

To be able to make milk for said baby...

To be able to afford the many diapers and wipes we've gone through in the past 24 hours...

For understanding older siblings (and for Starfall - that counts for school, right?)...

For pretty little girls...


For big brothers loving little sisters...


For my husband who took charge of lunch and part of dinner today...

For a home to live in - even if the thought of cleaning it makes me want to dive under the covers for the next 6 weeks of winter (or so the groundhog says)!

But most of all, for first smiles, which make it all worthwhile...


Happy Candlemas to you all! My nice plans for today fell to the wayside as I pretty much parked myself in that before-mentioned comfy chair for the day. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love reading other people's Thankfuls, makes me even more thankful!

    Totally forgot about Starfall....Yes, it counts for school!! Hmmmmm I know what my 5 year old will be doing today, it's great motivation for her to pick up too!!

    I usually do those Candelamas Crepes, but crepes take an hour to make and well, I just don't have an hour to make anything!!

    Next year will be better!

    Your sweet baby is so adorable and smiling so much!! Simeon is not smiling much yet...we're working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being Thankful is something we should all remember more often. Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. What cute kiddos. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful baby and sweet girlie and handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for stopping by!

    And Jamie, Zoe just started smiling. They're still far and few in-between but they are more than the gassy smiles. :) My oldest was the only other who smiled this early. The other two were closer to two months. I love those first smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!