Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gifts of Grace

I receive daily minute meditations in my in-box. I loved today's quote and wanted to share it with you.

We are always trying to please God, but it is God who is always trying to please us. God is always surprising us with gifts of grace when we least expect them. 


— from Compassion

I would like to add that not only do we receive these gifts when we least expect them, but when we are most in need of them. Don't you agree? What a beautiful gift grace is.

2 comments:

  1. I love this reflection. How true it is that graces come when we do not even realize, and sometimes, later we figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, you asked about the folders. Nicole, in ideal circumstances, we read a bible story about the Saint (or in this case the Holy Family), and then we recite the prayers inside the folder... usually while we are coloring or painting the coloring pages. Sometimes, we make artwork out of the coloring pages -- frame it on cardstock paper, glitter glue, etc., and hang them up to remind us about the bible story so we can talk more about it. Sometimes, we read a story about the saint as well. I also try to extract from the Saint's story a virtue, and talk about that during the lesson and afterward.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!