Friday, January 20, 2012

What about God's will?

Be sure to put your needs first. This is me time. Am happy? Do really want to do the dishes? Do I really have to wake up and do the same thing as yesterday?

We live in a culture where the individual's will and well-being come first. Many expect immediate gratification, to be handed a "good" life, to always be happy, to get what we want when we want it.

God gave each of us a choice - a will to either follow Him or not. As a Christian woman, I realize this, but the question that begs to be asked is, what about God's will? In our culture no one blinks an eye if you follow your desire, but tell someone it is God's will, and disbelief and even anger follows. Is it really God's will that an innocent child die? That a storm wrecks havoc on a community?

But, what about God's will? If we, small and puny that we are, have a will, given to us by God, then why is it difficult to accept that God has a will? Who are we to question Him?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts and your ways are not my ways, declares Yahweh." - Isaiah 55:8

As a Christian woman, I strive to know and follow God's will, and it is a struggle every single day. Each day I must sacrifice my will in place of God's, even if I do not understand His plan. I must endure and to have faith, to believe absolutely that God loves me and that He has a greater plan for all of us. Even if that means my life has difficulties. Even if I must carry on, day after day, feeling as though each day is the same. Even though I may not always be happy all of the time. Even when I cannot possibly understand His ways.

I must believe.

How sad it is for those who do not have faith to believe in God's will. How difficult times must appear to them who have no comfort in the belief in God's will, especially when it can be so hard even for believers.

You are here for a reason, and your life testifies to more than you have imagined. Don't be afraid to offer yourself completely to God. - from Wholly Mary

Let God lead.

**I do not promote self-martyrdom in self-sacrificing yourself to others. We have an obligation to care for our physical bodies, but first and foremost, we must love God and strive to know His will for our life.** 

1 comment:

  1. a lovely post, Nicole. we all need this reminder. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!