Saturday, January 7, 2012

Our Little Glow Worm


Today's check-up did not go so well as I would have hoped, or planned. I thought Miss Z was doing better nursing. Perhaps she was, but it still was not enough. Turns out, she has only gained an ounce since Tuesday (but 3/4 of an inch since birth), and since we have seen very few bowel movements and she still looks jaundiced, her bilirubin levels were checked. Unfortunately, they were high so now we are at home - thankfully - with her on light therapy and me pumping/nursing/bottle-feeding (sometimes with formula) every 2-3 hours. It is a little exhausting, but I know it is temporary as we have been through this before with Miss Bear, though I was able to nurse her through it. I have no idea where all this pumping/bottle-feeding is going to lead us, and honestly, I do not care at the moment, as long as Miss Z starts picking up soon.

We have done very little this Christmas season. Today the Wise Men visited baby Jesus at our manger scene and I read The Visit of the Wise Men by Martha Jander, a short, beautiful book written in verse with wonderful pictures.

Skipper is sad that Christmas is ending. I am a bit too, but really, it will be nice to put away some Christmas decor. With living on the couch, the room is a little too cluttered for my peace of mind!

I pray you had a wonderful Friday and Feast of the Epiphany!

Lord Jesus 
may your light shine our way, 
as once it guided the steps of the magi: 
that we too may be led into your presence 
and worship you, 
the Child of Mary, 
the Word of the Father, 
the King of nations, 
the Saviour of mankind; 
to whom be glory for ever.   --
Frank Colquhoun

3 comments:

  1. She looks so content there in that pic. I will pray everything gets better and Miss Z gains ounces ! God bless your new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gardenia. She does seem to be a content, laid-back little girl the few times she is awake. Only time will tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, she is so adorable!! I love all her dark hair. Hope the jaundice goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!