Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Immaculate Conception

Today the Catholic Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception - the belief that Mary was conceived without sin. I will not go into detail because so many others have done it more beautifully than I ever could. For more on the topic, visit Paper Dali, who shared a simple, clear explanation of the Immaculate Conception (as well as a new coloring page for this day!).

I printed out some coloring pages from Catholic Icing, but it ended up that only Critter and I hung out at the table to color. I like to color every once in awhile. It is surprisingly relaxing, and besides, Critter loves it when I do that with him.


We also covered our Christ candle with a white doily (purity) and tied with a blue ribbon (fidelity) to make our Mary candle. Late Christmas Eve this covering will be removed so the Christ candle can be lit Christmas morning. Right now it is sitting near the Nativity scene, but on Christmas it will be in the middle of our Advent wreath, whose candles will be replaced by white tapers.


After dinner, we are all going to Mass, and hopefully a quick grocery stop on the way home, as we are in serious need of some fresh items since I've been more down than up lately!

May the Lord bless you on this wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Nicole, I love your candle! Thanks for sharing your links and I'm sorry you've been down lately. Hope you feel better.

    Have a good weekend and may the Lord restore you to better health and spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa, I appreciate it. I'll be more up once this baby is born! :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that coloring page. I like coloring too, it is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nichole,

    Thanks for linking to my Paper Dali website. :)

    And isn't Lacy's coloring page at Catholic Icing so pretty? Love it.

    I'm a big fan of coloring, especially with colored pencils. It definitely is very relaxing.

    Many blessings to you during this holy season of Advent!

    ~ Vee @ Paper Dali

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be an artist Nicole. Everything you create is filled with vibrant color that is lovely to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, I like to dabble but I'm no artist. I do love color though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!