Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blanket for Baby

Yesterday the kids and I (ahem, more like just I) made a large no-sew blanket for the baby for the floor. Way back over Labor Day weekend we took advantage of a fabric sale and picked out two cutesy fleece fabrics to use. The kids picked the main pattern while I picked the plain, coordinating color.


I'm sure you can find much better instructions than this, but it worked for us. I trimmed the edges as needed (one piece was the end of a bolt), laid both out flat on the floor, on top of the other with the right sides facing out. Then I started cutting the fringe, taking out the square corners as I went. Before moving to another edge, I loosely knotted the two blankets together. Once the entire blanket was knotted, I went back, tightened a bit, and added a double knot. And now we have a pretty baby blanket!

The picture will be so much nicer once an actual baby is on it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love making those blankets--they are so warm and cozy...that's what I need to make for baby for Christmas!!! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! And it sure warmed me up as I sat there double knotting it on my lap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I made one this past year too, and at first the knots came out in the wash, but then I double knotted it and it's been fine every since. I love how soft and warm it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elisa! I was going to leave it single knotted as well until I saw it was unraveling too easily with the kids running across it (as I was trying to make it!). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!