Friday, November 4, 2011

Patriotic Alphabet Parade: *F*lag

Just a tad later in putting this together. This past week was a catch-up/review week - a much needed break all around, for both the kids and I. We also had a break from our AEP class on Monday, which was good considering all were sick, or getting sick. We start up again this coming Monday with another 6-week session. Should be fun!

Our format week-to-week is pretty consistent:

  • sing ABC song have a grab bag with letter of the week items (F: flag, frog, frisbee, fork, fish, fairy, flower)
  • read "My 'f' Sound Box" book by Jane Belk Moncure
  • practice letter writing and color a picture using the pages I created (F is for Flag: Pre-K version or Kindergarten version)
  • eat a snack (Friendship Fruit Salad - everyone brought in a fruit to share) and read a book about the American flag 
  • craft time:
    • craft: handprint U.S. flag (something like this)
    • letter collage using collage sheets I made (F is for Fingerprints - using different colored ink pads, the kids put their fingerprints all over the letter "F")
  • Played a little outside with a frisbee
At home, I took Critter's papers, finished what I needed to with him, and continued work on his alphabet scrapbook. Here is what I came up with:

First Page


The handwriting/coloring page. Colors are a little mixed up but I love the fact that the boys are more into using color now that we have been doing these classes.


Second Page


"F is for Fingerprints" - Critter kept it basic, and blue (his favorite color). Miss Bear loved doing this as well. What I learned? Some kids have a real hard time sharing...

Third Page


Lots of goodies for the flag! Top left: handprint flag craft. I cut a slit in the paper to store it so it doesn't flop all around. Top right: patriotic song booklet about the flag. Bottom left: door opens up to the "Pledge of Allegiance" (originally it was supposed to be a bookmark but I changed it up for the scrapbook). Bottom right: colored in star (was going to have him cut up red/white/blue construction paper and glue on, but this is what he wanted to do).

Fourth Page


Top: Counting with the American Flag - count how many stars, stripes, red stripes, and white strips. Flaps lift up to show answer. Bottom: Flag Puzzle.

We look forward to G is for George Washington come Monday! I came up with the lesson plans for G-L and I need to get going gathering my supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!