Saturday, November 12, 2011

A little baby relief

Funny how life works sometimes. Some will call it coincidence or chance. I call it an answer to prayer, a sign of relief (though I still worry, I feel calmer). And what, exactly, happened?

Yesterday afternoon I was flipping through Miss Bear's medical book to check out her last official weight. She's been a grump for quite awhile now, having some bowel issues, and seems to be all bones. I would not be surprised if her celiac test came back positive this time around. Anyhow, after checking, I flipped to the front to read to her about my pregnancy and birth with her.

At 36 weeks I was already dilated to 1cm. I had a day of contractions in there and at 38 weeks I was 3-4cm dilated and 50% effaced. Knowing that, I feel much better about breaking my waters to get things going at 39 weeks (vs Skipper's story of barely being 1cm dilated at my 39 week induction).

It is true that you forget all this stuff and only remember the "good" stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!