Tuesday, November 1, 2011

For All Saints


I have some sick kids (and me too) around here so it was a quiet day. We played a little Saint Bingo, which was fun, and even Miss Bear played along with the first round. Afterwards, I asked the boys who their favorite saints were and here is what they said:

Skipper - St. Francis, St. Nicholas, St. Patrick, St. George, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. John Baptist de la Salle (not sure why he picked the last two as we have not talked about them except for today).

Critter - Mary (Queen of all saints) and St. Nicholas

Miss Bear - I am guessing Mary since she goes around many times singing her name over and over, and finds every statue/picture she can of her.

Me (so hard to choose!) - St. Monica, Mary, St. Therese, St. Germaine

I rounded the day out with a solo Mass (I spared the community my hacking and sneezing crew). I hope your day was a peaceful one!

Father, All-Powerful and ever-living God, today we rejoice in the holy men and women of every time and place. May their prayers bring us your forgiveness and love. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    The kiddos on the way to Mass today, were remembering a All Saint's Day when Tom and I were both sick....and we didn't go to Mass...I don't remember, but the kiddos do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how kids seem to have better memories than us parents, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!