Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tackling the Entry Closet

It is that time of year again. Somehow, over the last weeks of spring and summer, my front entry always ends up like this:



Does yours? We have a small house and the entry closet and entryway open right up into our living room which is open to the dinette and kitchen (kind of an L-shape). So all the clutter, the mess, etc. is very noticeable. Over the last few years I have done a lot of purging and yet, there always seems to be more. Where does this stuff come from anyway?

After a little help from the kids and some time on this rainy day, it now looks like this (though if we have a 5th child I do think it's time to move!!!):



I still have a few winter coats to go in there and winter boots but, we have room for now. I would also like to add two more coat hooks for the younger two so we can each have a dedicated hook this winter (that all can reach). I am sure the shoes and coats will come out to stay shortly, but who knows? Maybe I can at least retrain them to put their shoes in the closet. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I bet if you train them, they'll do it! I trained my boys to line their shoes up nicely along the wall whenever they come in and now it's so cute, they do it at everyone's house anytime we visit. =)