Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jonah and the Whale Pre-K Style

God sees us no matter where we try to hide. It is far better to trust in Him and do His will than to try and run from Him.

The story of Jonah and the Whale wraps up Critter's month of Old Testament stories. This was such a simple, fun week and I think he enjoyed it.

Day 1

Day 2

  • Recapped the story and sang a Jonah and the Whale song:
(to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")

Jonah ran from God to get away
He didn't want to hear what God had to say.
He climbed on board a boat and sailed to sea
He told the Lord to let him be.

God said to Jonah, "not so fast,"
My time with you has not yet passed.
The Lord sent a storm and rocked the boat
Jonah fell into the sea and tried to float.

A fish swam by and swallowed the man
Jonah prayed, "Lord, I'm sorry I ran."
God forgave Jonah after three days.
Jonah thanked God and was on his way.
  • Simple prayer
  • Activity: Catch Jonah in the Whale. The night before I had made a whale out of a 2-gallon plastic milk jug and a Jonah "bean bag" out of paper, cotton balls, and staples. The kids then took turns trying to catch Jonah - by throwing it to the person with the whale, by throwing it in the air, or just putting Jonah in the whale. They loved finding seeing the whale first thing in the morning and were full of eager anticipation.


Day 3
  • Bible story recap
  • Simple prayer
  • Activity: play hide and seek (with parent). Learn that child can hide from parents/others, but never from God.
Lord, help me to know and follow Your will for my life. Help me to do what you want me to do no matter how hard it is to do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!